Machine cast lead – our most popular lead product
Our customers favour machine cast lead – and not just because it’s more affordable than rolled lead…
Machine cast lead – the preferred choice
Machine cast lead is all made onsite here at Midland Lead – to very precise operating standards. Every part of the process is scrupulously checked and verified to ensure that all of our machine cast lead meets the required standards of:
- The British Board of Agreement (certificate no. 86/1764).
- The European Construction Products Regulation (CPR) – our machine cast lead is CE marked to BS EN 14783.
Over the years, our machine cast lead has also gained the approval of important advisory construction organisations, such as:
- The National House Building Council (NHBC)
- The Local Authority Building Control (LABC)
- Premier Guarantee
Machine cast lead – the practical choice
Machine cast lead is an incredibly efficient weather-proofing material:
- Unlike rolled lead, machine cast lead has a clean non-oily finish, so it’s ready for use straightaway.
- Machine cast lead can be fitted in all weather – that is not possible with other non-lead weatherproofing materials.
- Once fitted, machine cast lead just needs a single coat of patination oil – then you can forget all about it – it won’t stain or deteriorate.
Machine cast lead – the adaptable choice
Machine cast lead is wonderfully versatile. It is the green, durable roofing material of choice in the construction trade. It is the safe choice for the construction of lead-lined boards in the healthcare sector. And it’s an effective noise stopper used for soundproofing and can protect against radiation too.
Just tell us what you need…
Machine cast lead – the environmentally sound choice
Recycling and lead go hand in hand. Not only is our machine cast lead made form 100% recycled lead, but it can be recycled again and again. It is a very efficient recycling process too – lead has a comparatively low melting point, so that means a lower carbon footprint.
Most lead roofing installations have a rating of A or A+ in the BRE Green Guide. So you and your clients will benefit from buying one of the greenest building materials on the market.
If you’d like to know more about the machine cast process, or you’d like to talk over a project with us, you can contact us or give us a call on +44 (0) 1283 224 555. We’ll be happy to help.