Lead is a great material to work with, but it gets even easier to work with when you’ve got the right lead tools for the job. Here are our recommendations:
- Bossing stick – The bossing stick is your primary tool for working with lead. It’s designed to help you form lead sheet into any desired shape. With their perfectly contoured handles, our beechwood bossing sticks are a joy to use.
- Chase wedge – As the name suggests a chase wedge is designed for ‘chasing’ lead roofing. Or, in other words, to help you drive lead sheet into a desired shape or configuration. Our chase wedge is 63mm.
- Bending stick – Used to shape and mold lead sheet, our bending stick feature a high-lift handle for easy use.
- Dresser – With a long, raised handle, our lead dresser gives you plenty of room to work in confined spaces. It’s a hardwearing tool too. The lead dressers come in sizes small (50mm), medium (60mm) and large (70mm).
- Bossing mallet – Our beech wood bossing mallet offers lightweight precision and strength – the wooden head is kinder to other tools too. We offer a small and large mallet.
- Setting in stick – Give your lead work the perfect finishing touch with our beechwood setting in sticks – they’ll help you shape your lead to perfection.
All of our tools are specifically designed for working with lead. They are not simply general building or masonry tools that can be used with lead.
We’ve found that beech is the best wood to use. It’s a hardwood, and it’s got a great tactile quality to it – perfect for craftsmen. It’s hard-wearing too, so you’ll enjoy a longer product life-span at a more competitive price. Most importantly of all, it works brilliantly with lead.
Would you like to see us adding any tools to our range? Or perhaps you prefer plastic lead tools? Get in touch with us, and let us have your recommendations!