Did you know that this week is Health and Safety week?
What is Health and Safety Week?
Health and Safety week is a week dedicated to supporting Health and Safety and show some occupational safety hazards. Britain has hit the lowest workplace accident number yet! It has the best combined Health and Safety records in the world, this is mostly due to the Health and Safety at Work act from 1974. Safety at work is now taken seriously by all companies and because of this working environments are now safer than ever.
Some tips from us:
All of Midland Lead’s lead products are not hazardous and working with lead will not bring harm to you. Make sure you read through some of our construction tips:
- Always wear protective clothing, e.g. work-gloves and safety boots, when handling lead products.
- Wash your hands thoroughly – even if you’ve been wearing gloves – as soon as you’ve finished work (and before eating, drinking or smoking).
- Do not eat, drink or smoke in the immediate working area.
- When welding or burning lead products, wear safety goggles and respiratory protective equipment.
- When sweeping up in a lead storage area, wear a protective mask and, where possible, spray water onto the dust as you sweep.
- Lead is a heavy metal and care should be taken when lifting. Do not attempt to lift a roll of lead or any of our products, unless you are completely confident you can lift them safely. Make use of lifting aids whenever possible.
And let us know if you need any more lead safety advice. You can also download a free leaflet – INDG305 ‘Lead and You’ – from the Health and Safety Executive website: www.hse.gov.uk
What can you do?
Why not show your support for Health and Safety week with a #helfie?
Why not take a look at last years ‘Idiots on Ladders‘ on the Ladder Association’s page?
If you need any more advice, give us a call on +44 (0) 1283 224 555.