Lead products used:
Midland Lead supplied specialist radiation protection products designed, certified and fit-for-purpose.
• Lead-lined plasterboard used to line the walls with accompanying lead strips
• Oak veneer lead-lined doors
• Lead-lined viewing window
If you have a project needing expertise in Radiation Protection for Healthcare, then get in touch with us to discuss how we can help. Call us on +44 (0) 1283 224 555
Hough Construction has recently completed a project to develop a dedicated CT scanning room for Willows Veterinary Hospital in Northwich. Hough Construction was appointed for their expert knowledge and proven track record of developing specialist fit-outs for veterinary hospitals. The flagship practice in Hartford has undertaken major redevelopment to create a new state-of-the-art facility to treat and care for pets all over Cheshire.
Patrick Hough, Director of Hough Construction said; “One of the main challenges of this project was to carry out all work whilst the hospital was fully operational. Our focus was to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the practice creating as little disruption to visitors and patients.”
Midland Lead’s specialist radiation protection team has worked on projects all over the world and their expertise was something that Hough Construction called upon when specifying the right products for this project.
Willows Group is a forward-thinking company that has invested in new state-of-the-art equipment at their practice in Northwich. The building contractor worked closely with Colin Carthy of Dane Architecture to ensure the new facilities would meet Building Regulation and Veterinary Standards. This is one of the reasons that Hough chose Midland Lead products.
Jake Slade, Sales Specification Manager at Midland Lead was involved in the project from the beginning; “Initially I met with the architect and construction team to go through the detail of the fit-out requirements to ensure the right products were specified.”
“Midland Lead’s radiation protection products are made-to-order based on individual requirements. Our customers also draw upon the years of experience we have in advising on the correct installation techniques. The accuracy of the technical specification is key to ensure the smooth running of this type of development. Being involved in this project from the beginning was a great opportunity and the end result is not only fit-for-purpose but also finished to an exceptional standard.”
Patrick Hough added; “By choosing to work with Midland Lead we knew that we would be assured that their quality radiation protection products would meet, and often exceed regulations. The door set is excellent quality and the lead shielding is continuous in all joints in the frame and architraves. Midland Lead always go over and beyond with their levels of customer service and product advice too, and this helped to ensure that the project was completed on time and on budget.”
- Conversion of an existing room to facilitate the new state-of-the-art CT scanning room was completed in four weeks.
- The project included the full strip out of existing fixtures and finishes, stud partition, lead plasterboard wall lining, lead door and window, decoration, flooring and electrical installations with new air conditioning unit.
- The project was completed whilst the practice remained open for the duration.
- Radiation protection equipment met Building Regulation and Veterinary Standards.
- Midland Lead radiation protection products were used to create the lining of walls and construction of a partition of lead window and door for a new dedicated CT scanner room.
About Hough Construction
Established in 2004, Hough Construction is a family-run, rapidly expanding construction contractor operating from Middlewich, Cheshire. The company has a reputation for developing high quality commercial and residential refurbishments and new-builds across throughout Cheshire and the North West. Their reputation for completing developments to the highest standard.